Dal makhani is one of the delicious dish most punjabi’s like to have in their food. Besides any other dish every Punjabi love to have dal makhani on their table whenever they dine outside in restaurants, dhabas or any food corner. So here we are giving you the recipe of this mouth watering dish of north India.
Key Ingredient (serving 4)
140gm(3/4) cup of whole urad dal, 40gm (1/4 cup) rajma(kidney beans),50 gm onion, 1 or 2 chopped
green chili,200 gm tomatoes,1/2 teaspoon cumin seed,2 or 3 cloves (laung), 2or 3 greencardomom, 1 black cardomm,, 1 inch cinnamon, small to medium bay leaf(tejpatta),1/2 teaspoon red chili,salt and water
- first of all soak 140 gm of whole urad dal, 40 gram kidney beans overnight in 3 to 4 cup of water.
- Next day rinse the soaked lentils well.
- Add 3 to 4 cup of water to lentils and put it in pressure cooker and stir well.
- Pressure cook the mixture around (3 whistle) on medium flame till lentils get softened.
- Take a pan and add butter and oil to it add cumin seeds.Fry it on low flame and when color begins to change add ginger, garlic and chopped onion to it and saute it till golden.
- Slit green chilies to it, tomatoes and saute on high heat.Now add red chilly powder and saute till the tomatoes are reduced to pulp.
- Now add the soaked lentils to this mixture and add one cup of water or as required and stir well on low flame.when Lentils begun to thicken add salt as per to taste.
- Keep the gas on low flame and keep stirring in between so that it doesn’t stuck to bottom of the pan.
- when the mixture thicken enough ( mixture should not be too thick if it is then add some more water to it) add 1/4 or 1/3 cup cream and stir it. keep it on low flame till lentils get soften.
How to serve
Serve it hot and garnish with some chopped green coriander leaves on top.
Dal Makhani is the rich source of protein and fiber. Protein is useful to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals.Whereas fiber is useful for keep our digestive system healthy and fit.